Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Desire of the Heart


Desire of the Heart is an Arrow (UK) publication and my copy is from 1970. This story is about Cornelia, who is pushed into marriage with her aunt's lover, the Duke of Roehampton. It is a tale of life during Edwardian times, before World War 1.

Francis Marshall illustrates our couple at a fancy restaurant where they are formally dressed and enjoying an expensive meal. Our heroine is beautiful in a plumed headdress and full, low cut blue gown. I think it's interesting that she wears only one glove! Our hero is very handsome and intent on his date. Definitely a glamorous cover that I hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. i've been looking for this book since i lost my copy after i moved to another house, do u happen to be generous to give me a soft copy or sell it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for putting in the detail; I have looked everywhere to find plot details but most people just create lists.
    i loved this book as a teenager but have lost my copy, couldnt remember the name just the story but now the mystery is solved and i have just picked one up off ebay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, but I don't have copies to sell. Ebay is a good way to find older copies and I'd also check any used book stores in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, thank you for posting about your blog on All About Romance. "Desire of the Heart" is the only BC book that stuck in my mind (and I probably read at least 20 or 30 when I was a teenager), and I still read this one from time to time. :) I found my copy at a used book store about fifteen years ago - pre-eBay! -SandyCo-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    I didn't post it, but am glad that it's getting some notice and that BC fans are enjoying it!

    I've long been frustrated with the lack of information about Barbara's books and incomplete lists. I hope that this is interesting and informative to her fans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol it seems as if everyone is in the same position. I read a lot of Barbara as a teenager and this is the one book I'd like to read again, but I've lost not one but TWO copies.

    ReplyDelete