Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cupid Rides Pillion


Cupid Rides Pillion was published by Arrow (UK) and my copy is from 1970. This is one of Cartland's few early historical romances set during the turbulant times of Cromwell and Charles II. Panthea Vyne is rescued from a disastrous marriage by a highwayman. Years later, those at court have found this out and she teams up with a man who is also in danger and may be her highwayman!

Francis Marshall illustrates our couple outdoors where some people are riding. I wonder if the man on the right is Charles II? Our heroine is wearing a pinkish gown with an orange shawl. I would like to have seen a more polished cover; this one seems to have been done in a hurry.

An interesting fact about this book is that it was made into a TV movie: The Lady and the Highwayman! It starred a very young Hugh Grant, before he was a popular movie star! The movie came out around 1990.

2 comments:

  1. I want to read this book, but can not find a copy. Where do you think I could find one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would check eBay, abebooks.com, or bookfinder.com

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete